Sunday, March 20, 2011

Berry Yummy Dessert

Yummmmmmmmy! And it won't make you feel too guilty =)
Last night I made a yummy and healthy dessert. Here's how you can enjoy it too!

You need:

Angel food cake (I used a loaf, but a bundt style would be fine)
1 cup fresh mixed berries (I used blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and blueberries)
Low fat vanilla frozen yogurt
2 tablespoons of honey
1/8 cup white sugar
1/4 cup red wine (I used pinot noir)
Whipped cream

(makes 2 servings)

Slice angle food cake into 1/2 inch slices. One slice per serving.
Combine berries, honey, sugar and wine in sauce pan and heat on high for 3-5 minutes. Stir throughout.
Allow sauce to bubble for about 1 minute. Then, remove pan from heat and let sit 2-3 minutes.
Place one scoop of frozen yogurt on top of angel food cake.
Spoon sauce and berries on top of yogurt and cake.
Top with whipped cream.

For a twist on this use other berries, a different wine or juice, flavors of yogurt or ice cream or flavor your whipped cream with extracts or liqueurs.

P.S. I didn't tell Kris that I used frozen yogurt and he couldn't tell the difference and still loved it! I guess he knows now though he he ;-)

1 comment:

  1. This looks AMAZING Chelsea! I WILL be making this soon! Thanks for sharing! =)

    ReplyDelete