Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bruschetta

Hey y'all- it's been a while since I've added anything. I know, you, my devoted followers, have been merely surviving the days between posts ;-) So, here you go! I actually have been doing more cooking than this but I forgot to take pics!


So, a few weeks ago I was really stressed out with school (particularly because of an impending neuro test) and Kris came over and made me a special Friday Lenten dinner! It was delicious! Here is a link to the tilapia recipe he used: http://www.nowwerecookin.org/seafood/baked-tilapia-parmesan/ 


He bought some delicious 3-cheese bread and also made angel hair pasta with olive oil and tomatoes. Delizioso!


Isn't he nice?
I tell you that story to tell you another story-- Even though we ate almost all of this giant loaf of bread, there were a few slices that were spared. 


3-cheese bread- from Panera
*Pre-pig out
I used the remnants of this bread to make some yummy yummy bruschetta. This is a recipe you need to kind of eyeball. It's hard to screw it up-- it will taste good no matter the proportions as long as you don't over-season. Just combine the ingredients the way you like them!


You will need:


Any kind of yummy, porous bread 
Tomatoes (I used grape tomatoes)
Fresh garlic
Onion
Olive oil
Lemon juice
Basil or italian seasoning
Grated parmesan
Salt and Pepper


Chop tomatoes and onions into small cubes.
Add a teaspoon of finely chopped garlic.
Add teaspoon of lemon juice.
Combine all ingredients and season to taste.
Stir in approximately 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Brush sliced bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Spoon tomato mixture onto slices.
Top with parmesan.
Bake on baking sheet at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until bread is crispy. Be careful not to burn the tomato mixture! These little babies can go from perfect to irreparably screwed up in a matter of minutes to don't stray too far from the kitchen!


Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment