Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Thursday Night Dinner- Three cheese spinach tortelloni with basil pesto cream sauce and Roma tomatoes

Three cheese spinach tortelloni with basil pesto cream sauce and roma tomatoes
This past Thursday I wanted something creamy and warm and comforting for dinner. I made Kris and I this very easy dish using what I already had in my fridge.

I happened to have some refrigerated tortelloni, sun dried tomatoes, Roma tomatoes basil pesto and cream. I went out and bought this delicious country Italian bread (Pan G...? I don't remember the name but it was great. Kris was a big fan).

You need:

One package of refrigerated tortelloni (or any other filled pasta)
1.5 tablespoons basil pesto
3-4 sun dried tomatoes (in oil) chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup heavy cream
2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
Grated Parmesan (for topping if desired)
Salt and pepper (to taste)

Boil tortelloni per package instructions.
While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil, sun dried tomatoes and Roma tomatoes on medium heat.
When pasta has finished, drain and add to pan with oil and tomatoes.
Add pesto and cream to pan and stir till tortelloni is well coated.
Cook on medium high heat until sauce thickens slightly and tomatoes become soft.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
Top with grated Parmesan cheese if desired. Serve with bread and butter and enjoy!

1 comment: